The aim of the Jean Monnet Chair is to promote comparative legal research and teaching on European integration and fundamental social rights at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
1. Introduces new courses of graduate and undergraduate level that focus on the EU protection of social rights and comparative legal studies,
2. Emphasizes the EU dimension of existing courses,
3. Introduces innovative teaching methods and new specially designed teaching material (self- training manuals),
4. Organizes open seminars addressed to students from following different academic disciplines
5. Organizes highly profiled academic events
6. Engages in high level research that will boost already existing knowledge on EU studies,
7. Engages the academia, in open dialogue and debate.